Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Entry 8

   In my response to the poem Mother to Son, I think its
a great poem about life and all of its flaws. Langston Hughes
really made a great metaphor of life to a staircase, how some
staircases could be smooth and straight while others could
be rough and crooked. To me Langston Hughes seem to
print the message of how life works for different people,
and that I think he really makes it real, like he been through
it before. What also makes this poem great is the accent that
the author uses, like
"I'se been a-climbin' on."
I like this way of adding more feeling to the poem so it
kind of makes a story. I think that the author really was
trying to make story of how a Mother seems to be
in one of those deep lessons where a mother talks to the
son in this long conversation. It's just the same, and in my
view shes trying to tell her son to not staying in one spot,
she wants him to keep living no matter how tough it gets
just like she lived her life. I also remember a lesson my mother
taught me when I was young so I could connect to the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment