Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

Appreciation First Draft

   Everyone on this planet has always thought about what they
were born for, and what reason that they were born into this
planet, this universe, this dimension. This is what everyone wants
to know, whether they were born for the reason so that they could
exist with a reason. The book, The Giver in my opinion relates to this
question everyone wants so much, and to me the author seems to
answered that anyone can make a change even if you are only one
person, Only if you want a change in this world, then you have to
be devoted to the idea of how the world should be, its like in this
book called, V for Vendetta in where at the end the main character
says " ideas are bulletproof" meaning even if you die you pass your
idea of the world you want it to be to another person to complete.
   The society is a place where people with no goals are made,
each and everyone of them are mold into what society
leaders make them into. Its a place where people are recorded
down in history as nobody, and when you die the name given
to you at birth is recycled again to be use again for the next
person to be repeated in this same depressing cycle. This is the
problem in Jonas's world. You live like a worker ant, if
you die you'll get replaced, This world is a world in which no one
is important, I hate that kind of world , because I believe that
everyone is born with a purpose in which they complete through-
out life.
   In a world like that, there is bound to be someone who would
change that kind of world. This is where a person, like Jonas
feels that the world doesn't fit his view, so he changes it using
all his efforts even if it means dying as a example he is ready to die for the
world to change on page 157,

" 'Music,"The Giver said, smiling 'I began to hear something truly
remarkable, and it is called music. I'll give you some before I go."
Jonas shook his head emphatically.'No,Giver,"he said.
"I want you to keep that,to have with you, when I'm gone."

 This paragraph tells that Jonas has overcome all of his
fears so that he devotes his life to making things better for people
that are near him, and in doing that he goes down the road that he
knows that he will die at the end, even though he wants to change
the world into a better place he won't be seeing it. To break the cycle of that
kept everyone inside a mental prison. That is a honorable sacrifice.
   In my past I have had this personal problem in which I
wanted to be different from everyone I didn't want to blend
in with the sea of people on earth, because I knew there were
millions of other people and you are just one person out of all
of them and its kind scary to know that some people will
live without a purpose in life since there are so much people
to take spaces up in our world. I wanted to make a mark in
my world, not literally but I wanted to leave something in
this world that I will lived for a reason. I want to be someone
that is known to actually change the world in some way for
the good or bad since every choice has both.
I think the Giver is a great book because it influences you actually want to
stand up and try to change the world so its better.

No comments:

Post a Comment