Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Research Topic 1 Racism

   Racism in America It started three hundred years ago and sadly is still
happening in this country. In racism it is a belief in which people are judge on
by their skin color, where they come from, and their religion. This kind of
stuff pisses me off every time, it makes me embarrassed to actually be human.
Every time I hear of this stuff I ask myself how stupid and childish these
people can be. It feels like this is a kind of bullying that happens in school,
except sized to a larger scale. Even when we are grown we have
these childish acts of bullying others because they are weak, different,
and weird. In this article it talks about America's police brutality.
I think this exactly supports my idea of how these people with more
power can just do what ever they want. They work for the government and
you can't fight back against them in this country. It seems to me the ranks of the government is enlisted with some racist people. You should see what happens
if you give someone racist power in a government, for example Hitler was
a racist person and he was given power to lead a country, that is when the
Holocaust happened. In this other article this woman figured out that one of her
family member was in the ku klux klan and that reminded me about what we
were studying in social studies. It was the time period in which African
Americans were terrorized by the ku klux klan after president Lincoln and
Andrew Johnson stood in his place. While African Americans were being killed
he just watched while it happened. In all I think racism is another way ho we
are killing ourselves, this what makes us truly human and there is no way to
change from this. The only solution to end this is to all is to end the human race.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your grim perspective on human nature although I don't agree that the only solution to racism is by ending the human race. It's easy just to see the negative and overlook all the good and beauty in human kind.
    I think this entry is very thoughtful and I appreciate how you express your opinions so strongly and openly. It seems like you did meaningful research and made deep connections.

    ReplyDelete